Friday, September 5, 2014

Robert Downey Personal quotes

I've always felt like such an outsider in this industry. Because I'm so insane, I guess.
The higher the stakes, the happier I am, the better I will be.
I'm not used to feeling like I belong where I am.
A lot of my peer group think I'm an eccentric bisexual, like I may even have an ammonia-filled tentacle or something so
mewhere on my body. That's okay.
I've become a picky little bitch. I've never bothered to plan projects before. I just used to throw the script across the room and say, "Why do they keep sending me this horseshit?" And then I'd start rehearsals two weeks later.
[on his addiction to drugs]: It's like I have a loaded gun in my mouth, and I like the taste of metal.
It's a blanket statement to say, "That guy's really sharp and amicable and nice," because there's a little bit of a--hole in every nice guy, and there's a little bit of genius in every moron.
I am putting together some ideas for two or three more things I want to do. Maybe a CD of just my kind of standards, which would be Supertramp and Steely Dan covers with an orchestra. I'm deep into old Genesis. I'm sorry, but these are songs that mean something to me. "Follow You Follow Me" is a song that's about something to me. [on his music]
I know very little about acting. I'm just an incredibly gifted faker.
It was so nice to go into this fake courtroom [on Ally McBeal (1997)]. I immediately went up into the judge's chair. Nice view. A preferable perspective.
What I usually hate about these movies when suddenly the guy that you were digging turns into Dudley Do-Right, and then you're supposed to buy into all his "Let's go do some good! That Eliot Ness-in-a-cape-type thing. What was really important to me was to not have him change so much that he's unrecognizable. When someone used to be a schmuck and they're not anymore, hopefully they still have a sense of humor. [on superhero movies]
[on Black and White (1999)] A stage slap from Mike Tyson is like a shovel whack from a normally fortified male.

No comments:

Post a Comment